PV System Diagnostics
Please check to see if your meter has a flashing red and green light in the top right corner.
- If they are flashing then please follow step 2 below.
- If there is a solid red light towards the bottom left hand side then please follow step 3 below.
- If the meter has no lights and has no text in the LCD display panel then please follow step 4 below.
Please take two readings from your meter a small time apart and provide those to us (you may have to press a button on the front of your meter to do this).
- Your system is working.
If there is a solid red light, please turn the AC isolator off (usually a grey/black box with a yellow or red circular or lever switch) located near to your meter or fuse box (consumer unit) leave off for 1-2 minutes and turn back on.
- Leave the meter for a further 5 minutes and check again if the red light has gone out or is flashing.
- Then take 2 meter readings at least 30mins apart and give those to us
- Your system is now working.
If the red light is still solid please contact us to arrange an engineer visit as the system is not working.
Firstly check if the ac isolator switch (usually a grey/black box with a yellow or red circular or lever switch) located near to your meter or fuse box (consumer unit) has not been switched off.
- This often happens when you have had any gas or electrical works done on the property.
- If this is off please switch it back on and wait 5 minutes to check the meter comes back on and go to step 1 above, if the meter does not come on follow the next step below.
- Please check at your consumer unit/fuse box. This is the box that holds the trip switches for the electrical circuits in your property, there should be a switch/breaker labelled PV or Solar, if you cannot see one labelled PV or Solar, then you may have a separate fuse box located in the electricity meter cupboard/box.
- Please see if any of these switches have tripped (they will be in the opposite direction to the rest).
- If the switch/breaker has tripped please switch it back on so it is in the same direction as the rest of the switches, (It depends on how it was installed as to which way is on or off). Then wait 5 minutes, if the meter is now working please go to step 1 above.
If your meter has a red light or does not show any signs of working then please contact us to arrange an engineer visit as the system is not producing electricity.